Chiropractors are doctors who use adjustments of the spinal cord to correct misalignments of the spine, also called subluxations. Many people wonder if a visit to the chiropractor is worth the time and money. Following is a list of reasons why the answer to this question is "Yes!"
- Relief for headaches. Over 45 million people in America suffer from headaches on a regular basis. There are many reasons for the causes of headaches. However, oft times they can be caused by subluxations in the spine. This alone can cause headaches, but it can also lead to tight muscles throughout the back, shoulders, and neck. Tightness in the muscles can often lead to tension in the head, creating headaches.
- Back pain relief. People often complain of back pain problems. This pain can be caused by a number of problems, from muscle or nerve problems to arthritis. However, this isn't always the case. The pain can also be caused by subluxations in the spine. For those experiencing back pain, visiting a chiropractor may help.
- Improved range of motion. Subluxations can cause a limited range of motion, whether due directly to the subluxation or due to tight muscles caused by them. Having a chiropractor adjust the spine and work on the muscles can help to increase the range of motion.
- No use of prescription drugs or surgery. Chiropractors often use a completely holistic method of healthcare, and this includes not using prescription drugs or surgery. In fact, chiropractors don't give out any prescriptions. The use of prescription drugs can lead to addiction and dependency. However, visiting a chiropractor can help to alleviate pain, which reduces the necessity of prescription drugs and surgery.
- Improved moods over time. Not only does visiting a chiropractor help to improve moods for just that day, but studies have shown that regular chiropractic care leads to the production of the correct hormones. In the long run, this leads to improved and more balanced moods more often.
- More manageable pregnancy pain and labor. Because body parts are being moved around and stretched, pregnancy can be an uncomfortable time for many women. Visiting a chiropractor while pregnant can help ease most of the pain or discomfort that comes from pregnancy. It is important to inform the chiropractor that the patient is pregnant.
- Improved sleep. Because of the pain that comes from subluxations and tight muscles, it can sometimes be hard to fall or stay asleep. Visiting a chiropractor to alleviate or improve these symptoms can lead to better sleep.
It is always important to make certain that the chiropractor is completely qualified and is board-certified.